1.0 Background Info
iiiNNO invests in early-stage startup and and coaches founders to close 1st round or pre-A round of investment.
2.0 Example of common investment criterion
At iiiNNO, we often share both how we conduct our own investment selection process and as well the common things that world-class investors or accelerator look at. Here is a quick list and hopefully it gives everyone an idea on how to prepare for fundraising
Market x Product x Team
- This is probably one of the most common criterion early-stage investor like individual investor/angel investor, seed-stage accelerator or VC looks at. Lots pitches are now done within 2 minutes time-frame, and it is critical to cover these 3 points.
- Y Combinator, one of world best seed-stage accelerator and investor, shares in one of the video about how YC attempts to identify the unfair advantages of each pitch/startup companies with the following elements
- Amazing team
- Market growth over 20%
- Repeat purchase
- No need for advertising
- revenue growth
- user growth
- usage rate growth
3.0 List of questions founders can ask themselves before officially kick-off the 36 months fundraising process.
would like to share with everyone what are the common criterion that angel investors and VC looks at, especially at pre-seed stage when startup companies just have a working prototype or preliminary early version of product/service with initial sales.
- What is the purpose of fundraising? How the money will be spend over next 6 ~ 12 months
- Who from the founding team or core-team member will be responsible for fundraising?
- What is the amount? % of share offered?